Idaho SR22 Insurance
Idaho SR22 Insurance
SR22 Insurance in Idaho
The SR22 insurance document is filed by a licensed insurance provider in the state of Idaho. The SR22 document serves as proof of financial responsibility to the Idaho DOT. This process will reinstate your suspended drivers license and allow you to restore your driving privileges.
Idaho SR22 insurance is different from your regular auto insurance. It is considered an ad-on coverage. After you have acquired SR22 insurance, your current auto insurance company will submit your certificate to the local DMV. This ensures the DMV that you are now covered in case of an accident.
Why Would I Need an SR22 in Idaho?
In the state of Idaho, you will need an SR22 if you have a suspended license or it has been revoked for a serious offense. Reasons for a suspension include, but are not limited to:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs (DUI / DWI)
- Using a motor vehicle to commit a felony
- Leaving the scene of an accident resulting in injury or death
- Leaving the scene of an accident before police arrive
- Reckless driving
- Conviction or action in another jurisdiction for an offense that, if committed in Idaho, would be ground for suspension, revocation or disqualification
- Driving while suspended, revoked, or disqualified
- Failing to pay a judgment for damages in an accident
- Administrative license suspension for failing a breath, blood or urine test (without a warrant) for Driving while Under the Influence (DUI)
The property damage will provide coverage for the driver and
whomever is driving the vehicle in the case of an accident.
If you or a family member are driving and involved in a accident the insurance company will pay for damages occurred from the accident up to $25,000. If there is damages above and beyond that you will be responsible for the remaining money owed.
Regardless of your driving history, we’re here to help. Ready to get started? Sit back, relax,
and discover an easier way to get the coverage you need.
How do I file for an SR-22 in Idaho?
To file for an SR-22 in Idaho, first contact your existing car insurance provider. If you don’t have one, search for a provider that offers to file on your behalf.
- Notify your insurer. If you already have car insurance, contact your agent and advise them that you need to file an SR-22. Most providers are equipped to file this form.
- Find an insurer. Not all providers will insure someone who’s required to file an SR-22. If yours doesn’t offer this service, find one that does.
- Pay the SR-22 filing fee. Your insurer will charge you a processing fee for filing the SR-22.
- Verify minimum liability coverage. Call your provider to make sure your policy includes at least:
- $25,000 for bodily injury to or death of one person.
- $50,000 for bodily injury to or death of two or more people.
- $15,000 for injury to or destruction of property.
- Submit your SR-22. In Idaho, your insurance provider will electronically file the SR22 on your behalf. As for proof of a successful filing before you get back behind the wheel.
The SR22 is usually required for three years in Idaho. This in particular is the reason to find someone you trust with expertise to help you get the best policy and rate. SR stands for Safety Responsibility. It’s a signed contract between the state of Idaho and your insurance company that proves to Idaho you are fully insured
Idaho SR22 Insurance Page Updated 7/20/2020 We operate in all 50 states. No matter where you live, we can help you find great SR22 insurance.
Comments are closed.