Missouri SR22 INSURANCE
Missouri SR22 INSURANCE
MISSOURI SR22 INSURANCE
If you’re considered a high-risk driver in Missouri, you will likely be required to get an SR-22. Missouri requires drivers to contact their insurance company to obtain this document.
- Who Needs SR-22 Insurance in Missouri?
- How Long does SR-22 Insurance Last?
- What to do if your carrier doesn’t sell SR22?
- SR-22 insurance limits in Missouri
- Can I Get SR-22 Coverage if I do not own a vehicle?
- What Does SR-22 Coverage Cost in Missouri?
Who Needs SR-22 Insurance in Missouri?
Violations that require SR-22 insurance can vary from state to state. In Missouri and other states, you will most likely need an SR-22 form if you commit one of the following violations:
- Reckless driving
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving without insurance coverage
Minor violations generally do not warrant an SR-22 form.
How Long does SR-22 Insurance Last?
In Missouri, if you have been suspended for a Motor Vehicle Accident Judgment, then an SR-22 certificate is required for two years from the starting date of a driver’s license suspension.
However, if your driver’s license was suspended for False Insurance or Mandatory Insurance, then you must keep your SR-22 on file for three years.
If the Mandatory Insurance suspension involved an accident, an SR-22 filing is required as proof of insurance.
Additionally, other circumstances that will require SR-22 coverage may have longer SR-22 requirements.
What to do if your carrier doesn’t sell SR22?
Not all insurance companies are licensed to issue SR-22s. When your current provider does not issue SR22 forms it’s time to do some research. When looking to purchase an SR22, there are a few things to consider:
- Make sure the insurance company is licensed to do business in the state of MO.
- Like with everything else, experience matters. Look for an insurance agency that has been in business for several years without any complaints to the Department of Insurance and can tailor your insurance to your needs.
- Professional and friendly service. After everything you’ve been through, you want the last step of getting your license back to go smoothly and without judgement.
The property damage will provide coverage for the driver and
whomever is driving the vehicle in the case of an accident.
If you or a family member are driving and involved in a accident the insurance company will pay for damages occurred from the accident up to $25,000. If there is damages above and beyond that you will be responsible for the remaining money owed.
Regardless of your driving history, we’re here to help. Ready to get started? Sit back, relax,
and discover an easier way to get the coverage you need.
SR-22 insurance limits in Missouri
Missouri requires all drivers to carry the minimum levels of insurance coverage. Drivers who fail to have at least the minimum car insurance coverage may face license suspension. Drivers in Missouri must have at least the following liability coverages:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury per accident
- $10,000 property damage per accident
Can I Get SR-22 Coverage if I do not own a vehicle?
Yes. This is called a non-owners policy. If you do not own a vehicle, you can still get SR-22 insurance coverage under a non-owner’s insurance policy. This type of policy is not tied to a specific vehicle, it can be used for any vehicle the SR-22 holder uses. If you own a vehicle you must purchase an owner’s policy and have your vehicle tied to your SR-22 coverage.
What Does SR-22 Coverage Cost in Missouri?
An SR-22 in Missouri will likely result in an insurance rate increase. Additionally, there may be other fee requirements in order to reinstate your driver’s license following a suspension.
You can use our online SR-22 Quote Form for fast, easy access to a quote. SR-22 Insurance is here to help you understand the costs, liabilities and fine points of SR-22 insurance. If you need Missouri SR-22 coverage, don’t delay, connect with us today! https://sr22insurance.net/
Comments are closed.